DPS Group is seeking to recruit to an Electrical Designer
We are looking to recruit for the following position:
- Electrical Designer
Main Purpose of Job
Produce quality designs and schematics for our customers, responsible for the design solutions and production of deliverables to the required standards.
Key duties and responsibilities are:
- Design control panel and systems, for various projects, selecting and choosing the correct and appropriate equipment and parts required to manufacture or install systems in-site
- Using E-plan drawing package and Auto-cad, create the electrical schematics for control systems that are fabricated on-site and create further schematics for installation of these systems
- Work efficiently and safely to ensure panels are built on time and customer expectations are met
- Communicate with key stakeholders, seeking clarification on project requirements when required
- Provide remote support over the telephone to our Engineers, assisting them to solve problems on-site
- Support engineers on-site when required, assisting with complex problems
- Drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Use the relevant IT systems, including E Plan, Auto Cad, SharePoint, Microsoft Excel, Word, Projects and other applications as required
Skills and Requirements
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Good time management and planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to engage with all stakeholders
- Able to solve problems that arise
- Flexible approach to working, including working within Head Office and on-site at customer locations
- Good knowledge of H&S, risk assessments and safe working practices
- Competent user of E Plan and Auto-Cad
Qualification in relevant electrical engineering course an advantage, including:-
HND Electrical Engineering, BEng Electrical Engineering, MEng Electrical Engineering or MSc Electrical Engineering
Salary Up to £36,540
About DPS Group
DPS Group is one of the UK's leading integrated Electrical, Instrumentation & Control providers.
We are trusted to deliver integrated solutions on often highly complicated projects, by some of the world's best-known brands, across a range of sectors. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of safety, quality, environmental compliance, and customer service whilst achieving innovative solutions.
Our mission statement is DPS Group are, “trusted to deliver one integrated solution”.
The DPS Group is formed of two key divisions: Systems and Services. Our integrated approach means we have the skills to complete EC&I turnkey projects in-house. We approach each project with a fresh outlook and use our knowledge and partnerships to stay a step ahead, utilising the latest technology while offering the most advanced and cost-effective solutions.
At DPS Group we understand our continued success is down to our dedicated team, therefore we invest time and effort in each individual; training and assisting with their personal and professional development, helping them build a long-term career within the business.
We believe in developing our Engineers, as the company looks within for the managers of the future.
What to do next
If you are interested in one of the new roles, email email@example.com telling us a note of the role you would like more information about. Please include full contact details.