Control System Engineer
DPS Group is seeking to recruit a Control System Engineer
We are looking to recruit for the following position:
- Control Systems Engineer
The Control Systems Engineer will have responsibility for the delivery of all Control Systems projects allocated to them. They will work closely with the Project Engineer/Manager, colleagues and management to ensure that the solution provided is delivered on time, is of minimum cost whilst being technically acceptable and in accordance with the client specifications and the Companies offer.
Electrical Engineer/ Electronic Engineer/ Control Systems Engineer/Mechatronics degree qualified or equivalent qualifications or experience
Proven experience in Control Systems Engineering role with extensive knowledge and experience of all major Control Systems including but not exclusive to the following:
- Siemens - S5/S7, TIA, WinCC Professional, Wincc V7, Process Historian, PCS7
- Rockwell – SLC/Logix, Logix Studio/5000/500, FactoryTalk View, Historian, Vantagepoint, Plantpax
- Schneider – TSX Premium/M, PL7, Unity, Wonderware System Platform, Intouch
- GE – Proficy Ifix, Historian, Portal
- VFD/Motion Control : Siemens, Rockwell/AB, Control Techniques/Nidec
Proven skills in delivering Software/Hardware elements of a complete Control System Project, with good experience in managing those elements.
Typical Day to Day Activities
- Development of Project Planning Documentation working with Project Engineer
- Development of project modules. (Modules as identified in the design - PLC code modules, SCADA/HMI, Mimics/Scripts/Functions, communications drivers, electrical design, computer software module, database module, etc.)
- Development of Control System Software (PAC, HMI, SCADA etc.)
- Development of Hardware Solution, PAC
- Development of Documentation, FDS, DDS, Etc.
- Development of Test Specification & design testing methodology
- Develop site-work documentation (Risk assessment, method statement, site test documentation)
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Site Acceptance Testing
- Control Systems commissioning support
Salary up to £46,182
About DPS Group
DPS Group is one of the UK's leading integrated Electrical, Instrumentation & Control providers. We are trusted to deliver integrated solutions on often highly complicated projects, by some of the world's best-known brands, across a range of sectors. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of safety, quality, environmental compliance and customer service whilst achieving innovative solutions.
Our mission statement is DPS Group are, “trusted to deliver one integrated solution”.
DPS Group is formed of two key divisions: Systems and Services. Our integrated approach means we have the skills to complete EC&I turnkey projects in-house. We approach each project with a fresh outlook and use our knowledge and partnerships to stay a step ahead, utilising the latest technology while offering the most advanced and cost-effective solutions.
At DPS Group we understand our continued success is down to our dedicated team, therefore we invest time and effort in each individual; training and assisting with their personal and professional development, helping them build a long-term career within the business.
We believe in developing our Engineers, as the company looks within for the managers of the future.
What to do next
If you are interested in one of the new roles, email email@example.com telling us a note of the role you would like more information about. Please include full contact details.